As Baby Brain Mom recently reported, pregnancy brain is no joke. And it never goes away. Afterwards it just morphs into baby brain. So combine baby brain with more pregnancy brain, and you get… apparently someone who feels like she’s losing her mind half the time. It’s like those PSA’s from when we were young (at least some of us), this is your brain, this is your brain on baby [insert image of an egg scrambling in a hot pan]. Some of the highlights from my third-trimester crazy brain:
- brushed my teeth with Little Miss’s flouride-free toothpaste – took me a while to realize what that disgusting taste was in my mouth and why my teeth didn’t feel clean after a few minutes of brushing.
- washed my hands with face wash, realized what I had done, then while fully intending to re-wash them with hand soap, washed them with the same face soap AGAIN.
- was thiiiiis close to brushing my teeth with neosporin instead of toothpaste (clearly the bathroom late at night is not my friend)
- thinking “ugh it’s shower night” (c’mon, some of you moms know what I mean!), and dreading having to take more time away from precious sleep to shower, when all of a sudden it strikes me that I just showered that very morning. Duh.
- left my credit card at a restaurant – not once, but TWICE – apparently it requires a lot of brain power to remember to take the card after you sign the receipt. Sadness.
- thought the dog was one of my shirts on the ground, and bent over to pick it up and put it in my drawer (in my defense, he had just been bathed and was really white) – how I missed the eyes, nose, ears, and fur is beyond me.
- constantly starting something only to wonder what I was doing in the first place.
At least I have yet to put my cell phone in the fridge and spend half a day looking for it like last time…YET.
UPDATE: Another one to add to the count – I repeatedly tried to swipe into my work’s secured parking garage with a credit card and was befuddled that the gate wouldn’t open – all with a giant line of cars behind me.