Spring has not yet sprung, but seeing all of the lovely clothes in stores already has me majorly jonesing for chirping birds, iced teas, sunshine and flowers. Here are the pieces on my wish list for this season:
1. An easy and classic silk blouse, preferably in a bright color like this citrine version from Everlane. The rounded collars makes it less business-y, and more everyday. I could imagine this with jeans, a striped skirt, or even on top of a dress unbuttoned for that relaxed chic vibe.
2. Fun, brightly colored slim pants. They’re just about everywhere these days, and these Pilcro Stet Slip Crops are just the right shade of fun in the sun.
3. A gladiator wedge in the perfect shade of blush (which can totally work as a neutral all spring!) And wedges are just so much more comfortable than any other type of heel, especially for petite folks like myself who need all the extra inches they can get.
4. An everyday statement necklace. I love the turquoise stones and earthiness of this stampdot necklace from Madewell.
5. Floral pumps. Floral is huge this spring, and this lovely pair of Tracy Reese heels would add a fun pop to any outfit all season long. These shoes would look amazing with all of the pastel-hued fashions that are trendy right now. Think mint, blush, and cream.
6. An easy, breezy striped dress. There’s just something about stripes that screams French chic, and this version from Club Monaco is no exception. The pockets add an extra touch of whimsy. Pair with stacked heels or cognac gladiator sandals for an effortless spring/summer outfit. Or toss a blazer on top for work.
7. A spring leather jacket. I love the light tan shade of this Zara jacket, and the added ruffle detail at the waist just boosts it up a feminine notch.
8. A leather messenger bag. The mint-navy color combo on this Madewell Essex messenger bag, and the brass hardware keeps it fresh, and you’re hands free! Functional and stylish = a win-win in my book.
9. A white lace dress. This French Connection version just begs to be worn all season long with tights on cooler days and a variety of fun shoes on warmer days. Blazers, denim jackets, cargo jackets, it all works with a canvas as simple and lovely as this. The shift shape of this dress keeps it from being too precious (and super wearable), which is easy to do when it comes to lace anything.
And, that’s all! What are you most looking forward to this spring? Let me know!